Dynamic Number Insertion (DNI) is a call tracking feature where a unique phone number is tied to each of your clients in accordance with a dynamic pool of numbers.
Clever tracking code embedded in your website changes the phone number displayed depending on the lead source of the visitor. This gives you greater insights about your visitors, and also gives you useful insight tied back to Marketing Spend. This helps marketers analyze real contingent of clients and sources, where they come from.
The dynamic numbers also allow us to track the keyword level date (if caller is coming from Google Paid), and to gather all of the specific information about each session.
The way our dynamic numbers work is a different number in the pool is assigned to and displayed to each new visitor to the site - they're session based numbers. If you have more active visitors on your site then there are numbers in your pool, a number will be assigned to more than one visitor (opening you up to potential mis-attribution).
Add and Configure a dynamic number
Step 1: Click “+Add Number” button on the left side menu
Step 2: Set the type of number
Select the "Dynamic" Tab, and then choose the Company you want to add the pool to in the top right corner.
Step 3: Choose the type of numbers for the pool
Give the Dynamic Pool a unique name, then select "Local" or "Toll Free" Based on your needs. Select the Country code desired, select the area code, and then choose the amount of numbers you want included in the pool. (We recommend using at least 4 numbers in a dynamic pool to ensure attribution accuracy) Click Next. (If you get a message saying "No Numbers" feel free to send us a chat using the blue bubble or emailing us at Support@PhoneWagon.com and we can get more purchased for you!)
Step 4: Choose which traffic you want the dynamic number to swap for.
- All Visitors - This will track every person who clicks onto your page (AdWords, Organic, Direct, etc.)
- Only Visitors Coming from Google AdWords - This will make it so the dynamic number only swaps when a visitor is coming from Google Paid
- Web Referrals From - This will track visitors coming from a specific site
- Contains UTM - This will track visitors coming from a specific URL with a UTM Source that is defined
- All Visitors Except Direct Traffic - Very similar to "All Visitors" except for direct traffic will not be recorded.
Step 5: Configure where the phone calls will be forwarded to.
Select where you want to forward the call to. You can choose an already created Forwarding Line (Marked Ryan's Phone in the screenshot below), select a call flow (Like "straight to voicemail"), or create a new Forwarding Line by giving the line a name, selecting "Add" and then typing in the number on the next page.
Step 6: Add the features you need for this Campaign
Toggle on any of the following features you need for your tracking purposes.
- Text Forwarding - Forwards text messages sent to the tracked line to the forwarding line.
- Call Recording - Use this button to toggle call recording on / off.
- Play a Greeting to Callers - This button will allow you to set a custom greeting, or something standard such as "This call may be recorded for quality assurance."
- Play a Whisper Message - A whisper message would be played to the person answering the phone, giving them an indication of where the call is coming from.
- Show Caller ID - If this is toggled ON, the true caller ID's will be shown. If toggled OFF, the tracked number will appear as the caller ID
Step 7: Click Done and add the Web Snippet to your website.
To find the Snippet, Go to "Numbers" On the left side, Select the company you want the code for in the top right and click "Copy Web Snippet"
Step 8: Take that Code and place it before the </body> tag of your website's source code.