There are multiple reasons why our code might not fire, the reasons below are the most common errors that we see!
Error 1: The tel: number on your website is different than your Number to Swap Out in PhoneWagon's configuration.
Many times, we see typos and errors in the tel: number. It's important that these digits match exactly what the Number to Swap out is (symbols and all), if there's even a single digit difference the DNI will not work.
How to check this:
Step 1: Open up your website.
Step 2: Right click, and select "Inspect"
This should open up the following window:
Step 3: Find all places where the number is located in the code.
You can do this by pressing CTRL+F, then typing in the last 4 digits of the number.
As you can see in the screen shot above, there are two different formats of the number. You need to keep it consistent and have a single format throughout the website, and have that format match the "Number to Swap Out" in PhoneWagon.
How can I fix this if the format doesn't match?
- You may have to seek help from your web developer to fix the website's code to get the format to match
- If the format is the same throughout, log into PhoneWagon to make sure the Number to Swap out matches the format.
Error 2: The PhoneWagon script was not implemented correctly.
The PhoneWagon script must be placed before the closing </body> tag in the website's source code. You can do this through the site builder directly, or by using Google Tag Manager.
Things to check regarding the script:
- Make sure the code is on the website by checking the Source Code (instructions shown above, you can CTRL+F "phonewagon" and you'll be able to see if it's there).
- The code is before the </body> tag.
- You have copied the code from the correct Company in PhoneWagon. The script for every company is different and it's important that you have the correct one on your website.
- You only have the script installed 1x.
If the steps above look good to you, reach out to our live chat support team to investigate further!