Our local and toll free static numbers are very beneficial for tracking your offline marketing campaigns. The best way to think of a static number is something you can't change the code to. For example, many people use these number in print ads, Yelp listings, Facebook page, Google Call Extension, Google My Business, and much more! Basically, if you aren't tracking a website or a landing page, you'll be using a static number.
These numbers differ from dynamic number as they can only track the source based on the campaign name. It's important to name the campaign accordingly (for example: Billboard) so when a call comes in you know where the number is listed by looking at the Campaign column in the dashboard. This type of number will have all of the same data, except for it won't capture source, keywords, or referral data.
Follow the steps below to add a new Static Number:
Please Note: It's important that you are in the correct company. Please choose company from the drop down list prior to adding a new number (campaign). If you didn't create the company where you want to add the number, please do so prior to this step.
Step 1: Click “+Add Number” button on the left side menu
Step 2: Select the Appropriate Tab
Select the tab based on the type of number you would like to add to your campaign (Local or Toll Free).
Implementing the Number
Creation of Local and Toll Free number are approximately the same with only one distinction: search area code is possible only for Local Numbers.
Step 1: Search the Appropriate Local Area Code
Search the appropriate Local Area Code in which you would like to use, and click on the “+Add” button on the right near the number that choose.
Step 2: A window will prompt you to confirm this is the Number you would like - to continue press “Yes”
Step 3: Mandatory Fields
Fill in all mandatory fields for “Local/Toll Free Number” according to your preference, and click switches to turn on.
- Campaign Name – unique name to identify this campaign (Example: Google Ad Extension).
- Forward Calls to - This will be the "Destination Number" or the number that you want to forward each of the tracked calls to.
- Add Call Flow - Use this button to add a custom call flow.
- Call Recording - Use this button to toggle call recording on / off.
- Play a Greeting to Callers - This button will allow you to set a custom greeting, or something standard such as "This call may be recorded for quality assurance."
- Play a Whisper Message - A whisper message would be played to the person answering the phone, giving them an indication of where the call is coming from.
- Show Caller ID - If this is toggled ON, the true caller ID's will be shown. If toggled OFF, the tracked number will appear as the caller ID